Make this simple and healthy Probiotic Horseradish Pickles recipe to help regulate your digestive system. The bold, fresh flavor is an added perk to the health benefits you’ll reap.
Probiotic pickles are a flavorful way to regulate your digestive system. Probiotics help control bloating, relieving that full feeling that can make you uncomfortable. These Probiotic Horseradish Pickles are a simple and flavorful way to get those much-needed probiotics in to your system. The added horseradish is for a boost of flavor, but it adds many health benefits as well. It aids in digestion, has a high amount of Vitamin C, and it helps remove harmful free radicals from the body to protect it from inflammation and infections. We think of these pickles as a little detox snack with incredible flavor.
- Pickling Cucumbers
- Fresh Horseradish, to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- 1.5 tbsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- Sterilize a quart jar and lid.
- Combine salt and water and let sit until salt dissolves.
- Cut the tips off on both ends of the cucumbers. Either keep your pickles whole or cut in halves or fourths.
- Add Horseradish and Pepper Flakes.
- Pack your pickles leaving a little head space.
- You're going to now put a small jar or cup into the container so your pickles are under the water.
- Place the container onto a small plate for leakage that can occur.
- Put in a dark area of the house.
- Let sit at least three days for a half sour pickle, longer for sour.
- Check the pickles daily for scum on top, just use a spoon to remove and check that the pickles stay below the water.
- Add more water if you need to.
Daily probiotic intake is essential for everyone, especially those dealing with certain health problems like digestive issues, neurological disorders, allergies or asthma, immunity problems, or gastrointestinal diseases.
We hope you enjoy this healthy recipe as much as we do. If you loved this flavorful meal enhancer with health properties, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!