This Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad with Asiago Cheese Toast Points is the perfect salad for summer. With smoky grilled romaine hearts, asiago cheese croutons, and delicious grilled chicken, you can’t go wrong!
It is finally grilling season! I don’t know about you, but I have been waiting months for this! I am notorious for my grill-escapades. I will honestly try anything on the grill. Pizza? Definitely. Fruit? Youbetcha. S’mores? Of course. If it is food, I will try to grill it! So it is no surprise to my family that I have decided to throw lettuce on the grill to make this amazing Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad.
I first saw this idea at one of my favorite local restaurants. They serve the most delicious Grilled Romaine Salmon Caesar Salad, and I have been wanting to recreate the recipe at home. I know that lettuce on the grill sounds crazy, but it just slightly wilts and the edges get smoky and crispy. It is the perfect receptacle for all the delicious Caesar salad toppings!
There are two must haves in this salad. The grilled lettuce of course and then the asiago cheese toast points. You absolutely cannot skip the toast points! Toast points sounds super fancy, but I promise there is nothing to it. I picked up a loaf of asiago cheese bread at my local grocery store bakery and then cut the loaf into slices. Turn your slices diagonally and slice, and that’s it! Throw them on the grill and they get charred, smoky, and so good! I love to pile my lettuce on top of the toast.
I also love to serve this with some fresh lemon quarters. I love a big squeeze of lemon over this salad. Don’t do it until right before serving though, or else the lemon will wilt the lettuce. Another tip is to shred your parmesan using a vegetable peeler. This gives you those big restaurant-like chunks that add so much flavor to the salad. Use the best parmesan cheese you can find. The nuttier, the better!
Have you ever tried a grilled romaine salad? If you haven’t, I promise you will love this recipe! It is perfect for summer entertaining and light and easy dinners.
- 3 romaine hearts, cut in half
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 4 oz. of fresh parmesan cheese, shredded with a vegetable peeler
- 1 lemon, quartered (optional)
- ½ loaf of Asiago cheese bread, sliced into toast points
- Caesar dressing
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Season your chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Put on the grill and cook until no pink remains, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from grill and set aside. You can simultaneously cook the bread if you have room on your grill. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until they are charred. Turn grill down to low heat.
- Place cut romaine hearts face down on the grill. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until they become slightly charred.
- To assemble the salad: Lay your romaine hearts down on a large platter or plate. Top with grilled chicken and toast points. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and then a hearty sprinkle of fresh ground black pepper.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top right before serving. Serve with your favorite Caesar dressing.
We hope you love this Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad with Asiago Cheese Toast Points from SoFabFood Contributor, Amanda from Old House to New Home, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this healthy recipe, be sure to visit our Grilling Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!