Uninspired with your healthy eating plan already this year? Never fear because this Asian-Style Chopped Salad recipe will remind you just how tasty and appetizing healthy eating really can be! The dressing is the best!
As you settle into the new year, you might find yourself becoming bored and uninspired with your healthy eating plan. There are only so many green smoothies one can drink, right? And yet this Asian-Style Chopped Salad will remind you just how tasty and appetizing your greens can be.
This Asian-style chopped salad is fresh, delicious, and makes for an easy lunch recipe to keep you feeling healthy and satisfied. You’ll actually be looking forward to eating this salad, unlike so many other boring salad recipes.
Asian-Style Chopped Salad Recipe
Julienned carrots are tossed with julienned bell pepper, baby greens, and chopped romaine lettuce for a vibrant mix of veggies. Much like a Chinese chicken salad, this recipe utilizes sweet mandarin slices, highlighting winter’s best citrus offerings. Crispy chow mein noodles are added on top for crunch, as well as a salty twist to contrast with the sweet citrus.
No salad, however, is complete without a fantastic dressing, and this Asian-style chopped salad has one. A Sesame-Ginger Vinaigrette is whisked up with a few Asian pantry staples before it’s drizzled over this salad.
If you’ve had the typical Asian-style chopped salad or Chinese chicken salad at restaurants before, the taste of this vinaigrette will be familiar to you. It’s sweet, salty, and has just the right amount of zing from the ginger to spruce up the salad.
If you’re looking to add some extra protein to your meal, feel free to add grilled chicken to this dish. A vegetarian-friendly addition would be some yummy tofu. The salad compliments either choice extremely well.
Recipes like this Asian-Style Chopped Salad make eating salad fun and something to look forward to. Gone are the days where your salad consisted of a sad plate of lettuce and tomato slices. Now, you can make yourself an impressive lunch without sacrificing your health or desire to eat good food!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 head romaine lettuce, top trimmed off and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 5-oz bag of mixed baby greens
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated
- 1/3 cup crispy chow mein noodles
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh cilantro, to garnish
- First create the dressing by simply whisking all the dressing ingredients together in a large measuring cup. Temporarily set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, baby greens, carrot, bell pepper, and mandarin oranges together.
- Drizzle as much dressing as you like over the entire salad. Toss the salad to make sure all of the lettuce and greens are evenly coated in the dressing.
- Plate the salad, then garnish each with a couple tablespoons of the crispy noodles and fresh cilantro.
Home Chef Tip: You can add grilled chicken or tofu to the salad for added protein. Just make sure that if you add chicken, you let the chicken cool before chopping it and mixing it into the salad.
We hope you love this Asian-Style Chopped Salad recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Beeta from Mon Petit Four, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delicious recipe, be sure to visit our Salad Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!