A healthy, protein-packed breakfast that will keep you full all morning! These Crispy Potato and Kale Breakfast Bowls combine the perfect balance of carbs, protein, and healthy fats. Plus, you can make a lot of the components ahead, which means they are quick and easy for busy mornings!
Now that the holidays are behind us, how do you get back on track after all of that overindulging? I like to start each day off with a healthy (but tasty) breakfast.
Crispy Potato and Kale Breakfast Bowls with Sriracha-Honey Drizzle are the absolute best way to start your day! As the old saying goes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so we might as well pack as much goodness into it as possible.
I like a lot of texturex in my food… and this bowl provides just that. Crispy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-insde potatoes provide the perfect base for sautéed kale and a sunny-side up egg. Drizzle it all with a Sriracha-honey drizzle for the perfect breakfast!
Crispy Potato and Kale Breakfast Bowls
Not only is this breakfast really delicious, but it’s also super simple to make. Basically, you sauté par-boiled potatoes in olive oil until brown and crispy, toss in some kale, and then fry up an egg. The Sriracha-honey sauce is super easy, too! It’s two parts sriracha to one part honey. I love the sweet and spicy combo drizzle over this veggie bowl.
The absolute best part of this whole recipe is that you can prepare most of the components ahead of time. That makes it perfect for busy weekday mornings. I made the potatoes, kale, and sauce on a Sunday afternoon and packed them up in the fridge. Then, each morning, I heat up a portion of the veggies in a skillet and fry up an egg. Drizzle it with the Sriracha-honey sauce and enjoy! Breakfast is ready in 5 minutes!
You can certainly get creative with what you add in your bowl. Not a fan of kale? Try spinach, broccoli, or any other green veggie you love. Not into white potatoes? Try sweet potatoes! Prefer scrambled eggs? Go for it! You can also toss in some peppers and onions if you like. The possibilities are endless!
If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast that is quick, easy, and will keep you full all morning, this is the recipe for you!
- 1 ½ lb baby or fingerling potatoes, halved
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp extra-light olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Pepper, to taste
- ½ tbsp butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp honey
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with enough cold water to cover and season generously with salt. Bring the water to a boil and boil the potatoes, uncovered for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add in the potatoes, cut side down and cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Flip the potatoes and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Toss in the kale and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the butter over a large griddle (or whatever you would fry eggs in) and crack your eggs over the surface. Season lightly with salt and pepper and cook the eggs to your desired doneness.
- Whisk the Sriracha and honey together in a small bowl. Portion the veggies evenly between 6 bowls and top each with an egg. Drizzle each lightly with the Sriracha-honey sauce and serve.
Home Chef Tip: Prepare the veggies and sauce ahead and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Each morning when you're ready to eat, toss your desired portion in a skillet to heat it through and then fry up an egg. Perfect way to get a quick, healthy breakfast during busy mornings!
We hope you love these Crispy Potato and Kale Breakfast Bowls from SoFabFood Contributor, Keri from Fashionable Foods, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Breakfast section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible beakfast ideas. Enjoy!