You need to learn the Health Benefits of Kombucha so that you can start reaping the rewards today. Filled with electrolytes, polyphenols, and enzymes to awaken your body, this is an amazing drink with awesome benefits.
Kombucha is a health tonic that is a naturally-carbonated, fermented tea. It is a great drink with many health benefits you’ll want to start enjoying today!
Healthy Benefits of Kombucha
- Boosts Immune System – Feeling rundown? Drinking and eating fermented foods will do wonders for your body. The immune system relies mostly on the gut. Kombucha’s fermentation process encourages the growth of beneficial bacteria that your body needs.
- Detoxification – It contains a powerful detoxifier, glucuronic acid, which binds the toxins entering the liver and eliminates them out of the body through the kidneys. Kombucha has probiotics and enzymes that promote detoxification.
- Antioxidants – Kombucha contains polyphenols and other compounds with antioxidant powers. Its antioxidant activity has been found to be 100 times higher than vitamin C.
- Relieves Constipation – The acids present may improve digestion or help with constipation.
- Cancer Deterrent – Studies have shown that glucaric acid present in Kombucha is quite effective in the prevention of various types of cancer including pancreatic and breast cancer.
Did you know you can also make Kambucha? You can purchase it at your local health food store as well!
Here are some Kombucha recipes to try at home:
We hope you enjoy this information about the Health Benefits of Kombucha. To find more healthy food tips to help you on your quest for a happier, healthier you, visit our Foods with Healthy Benefits section. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and join our Google+ Community to find healthy recipes from our community members. And for even more healthy inspiration, visit us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.