You need to know the amazing health benefits of chia seeds along with fantastic, delicious, and easy recipes to help you incorporate chia seeds into your diet.
You have heard of Chia Seeds, right? Today we are letting you in on the many health benefits of chia seeds. This little seed is virtually calorie free. Chia seeds are tiny black seeds from the plant Salvia Hispanica, a member of the mint family.
The Many Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Chia seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fats, especially omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds’ lipid profile is composed of 60 percent omega-3s, making them one of the richest plant-based sources of these fatty acids.
- Digestion – They are an excellent source of fiber at 11 grams per ounce. Fiber is associated with reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol, and regulating bowel function. Being high in dietary fiber, chia helps promote bowel regularity and healthy stool. The rich fiber content in chia seeds also helps people feel full quicker.
- Protein -A standard 2 tablespoon (24 g) serving of these seeds contains 4 grams of protein.
- Weight Loss – Chia Seeds are often recommended for those who are trying to lose weight. Their ability to expand and slow digestibility helps keep a person feeling fuller longer. The combination of protein, fiber, and the gelling action of chia seeds, when mixed with liquids, makes you feel full.
Chi Seed Recipes
- Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding – A super easy overnight chia pudding made with almond milk and cocoa powder then topped with shredded coconut, granola, and dried cranberries. This Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding is the perfect make ahead breakfast.
- Overnight Oats Chia Pudding with Berries – This Overnight Oats Chia Pudding with Berries recipe is perfect for busy mornings. Gluten free oats, chia seeds, almond milk, and mixed berries are actually prepared the night before for a fulfilling breakfast without any fuss!
- Cinnamon Roll Chia Pudding – Serve the ultimate dessert with this unique, protein-packed recipe for Cinnamon Roll Chia Pudding. It doesn’t get much better than satisfying your sweet tooth while fueling your body with healthy energy.
We hope you find this information about the health benefits of Chia Seeds useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.