Boost your overall health by adding the amazing health benefits of onions into your daily diet. You will be pleasantly surprised to hear how beneficial this powerful vegetable is to your health!
The Amazing Health Benefits of Onions
- Cure Common Ailments – Onions can help cure a fever, common cold, cough, sore throat, allergies, and more. A mixture of onion juice and honey can cure these problems easily. Mix up a batch and drink it up!
- Anti-Inflammatory Benefits – Onion’s antioxidants also provide us with anti-inflammatory benefits. These antioxidants help prevent the oxidation of fatty acids in our body.
- Aid Digestion – Consumption of onions regularly can improve the digestive system. If you experience a digestion problem, onions can help cure it by increasing the release of the digestion juices. The fiber in onions promotes good digestion and helps keep you regular.
- Cancer Prevention – Onions are a source of the strong antioxidant, Vitamin C, that helps to combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer. Researchers found moderate consumption of onions appeared to reduce the risk of colorectal, laryngeal, and ovarian cancers.
- Boost Your Immune System – Onions are a nutrient-dense food, meaning that while they are low in calories they are high in beneficial nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Enjoy While Dieting – One cup of onions contains approximately 64 calories, 15 grams of carbohydrate, 0 grams of fat, 0 grams of cholesterol, 3 grams of fiber, 7 grams of sugar, 2 grams of protein, and 10% of the RDA for Vitamin C.
We hope you find this information on the health benefits of onions beneficial in your quest for a happier, healthier you. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Healthy Tips section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.