Be prepared for a healthier new year when you stock your kitchen with these 5 Healthy Foods on Trend for 2017. So simple to incorporate into your daily diet, you need these foods in your life!
As a new year unfolds, we all have new goals we want to accomplish and many of them include healthier eating habits. Those healthy eating habits often seem impossible to achieve as we go through the hustle and bustle of our busy lives. Eating healthy isn’t all that complicated as long as you incorporate the right foods into your daily diet. These 5 Healthy Foods on Trend for 2017 will help you achieve your goals!
5 Healthy Foods on Trend for 2017
- Bone Broth – Homemade bone broth is rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and other trace minerals. The minerals in bone broth are easily absorbed by the body. Bones are filled with protein, 50% protein by volume. The proteins in bone broth deliver an especially interesting benefit for rheumatoid arthritis, a chronic autoimmune disease marked by painful damage to the tendons and ligaments.
- Chia Seeds – This ancient food can regulate the diabetic effect in people with type 2 diabetes, and strengthen teeth and bones. Chia seeds are one of the highest plant sources of essential fatty acids. They contain calcium, manganese, and phosphorus, and are a great source of healthy omega-3 fats. They may help to reduce blood pressure, stabilize blood sugar, and boost metabolism.
- Avocado Oil – Reduce inflammation, achy joints, and swelling, along with the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Avocado oil contains high levels of oleic acid, carotenoids, lutein, Vitamin E, and phytosterols that combat inflammation. It can be used raw in salad dressings, or because of its high smoke point (400°F/204°C), it also works really well when baking, frying, roasting, and grilling.
- Watermelon Water – Improve cardiovascular and bone health. The lycopene in watermelon is especially important for our cardiovascular health and is now being recognized as an important factor in promoting bone health. Watermelon juice may relieve muscle soreness. Drinking the juice before a workout can help protect your body from muscle pain.
- Purple Foods – Purple kale, purple carrots, purple cauliflower, purple broccoli, and purple potatoes are all amazingly rich in anthocyanins. Research suggests these foods play active roles in promoting eye and heart health, and possibly decreasing cancer cell proliferation.
We hope you find this information about the 5 Healthy Foods on Trend for 2017 useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit our Healthy Tips section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.