Make dinner a fiesta with this simple and delicious Heart-Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup recipe. Simply toss all of your ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning and come home to a spicy and hearty flavor sensation for dinner.
We love turing to the slow cooker on busy weeknights to ensure that we have a hot and delicious meal on the dinner table without a lot of fuss or messy cleanup. When those slow cooker meals are low in sodium, packed with delicious Mexican flavors, and loaded with protein and vegetables like this simple recipe for Heart-Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup, we can hardly wait until dinnertime. This hearty soup is a “set it and forget it” kind of meal which is why we turn to this recipe often. Simply toss all of the ingredients in the Crock Pot in the morning, turn it on, and go about your busy day knowing dinner will be waiting for you when you get home.
- 1 lb frozen chicken tenderloins
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1-6 oz can tomato paste
- 1-4 oz can diced chilis
- 1 can no salt added corn, drained
- 1 can no salt added black beans
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning Mix
- Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese, optional for serving
- Corn Tortilla Chips, optional for serving
- Place the tomato paste in the bottom of your Crock Pot and mix in the vegetable broth.
- Add the taco seasoning mixture, stir.
- Place frozen tenderloins in sauce.
- Add canned vegetables.
- Cover and simmer on low for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, remove the chicken and shred, then place back in the Crock Pot and stir.
- Serve with shredded cheese and corn tortilla chips (optional).
We hope you love this seriously simple recipe for Heart-Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Crock Pot section for more easy weeknight meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!