This Jalapeño Limeade Cocktail recipe is equal parts sweet, sour, and spicy – a triple threat in the world of craft cocktails! This lime-vodka based cocktail uses fresh fruit and veggies to make it a unique taste explosion!
It’s summertime and the living is easy…but it’s hot! I have the advantage of living in Hawaii, where we usually get a trade wind or two to cool things down, but it’s still pretty warm. What is more refreshing after a long summer day outside than cooling off with a cold and crisp craft cocktail? Not much! I love coming home from a long day at the beach and whipping up a cold one while I shower, change, and get ready for dinner.
I came up with the idea for this Jalapeño Limeade Cocktail recipe one day while mixing things together on my bar cart. I wanted something cold and crisp, but didn’t have any concrete recipes, so I started scheming.
Jalapeño Limeade Cocktail Recipe
I am a big fan of cocktails with a kick, so I knew I wanted to use up some of the jalapeños I had in my refrigerator, but I also knew that something spice-heavy wasn’t going to cool me down. Our yard has an abundance of citrus trees, so I pulled off a few limes and got to work. This recipe is equal parts sweet, sour, and spicy – a triple threat in the world of craft cocktails!
- 1 cup of lime juice (about 5 small limes)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime zest
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- lime vodka
- crushed ice
- Optional: 1 tbsp colored sugar for glass rim
- In a large pitcher, squeeze 5 sliced limes until fully juiced.
- Add in lime zest, granulated sugar, and water.
- Stir the mixture until the granulated sugar has completely dissolved.
- Drop in jalapeño slices (and any juice from slicing) and mix gently.
- Refrigerate for one hour prior to serving.
- If you're planning to rim your glasses with colored sugar, line the rim of your tumbler with a lime wedge and dip gently in sugar.
- Fill glass tumblers with ice to the top with crushed ice.
- Pour in 1 shot of lime vodka per tumbler.
- Fill to the top with limeade mixture, stir and serve.
Home Chef Tip: After limes have been squeezed, cut them down into skinny slivers and leave them in your pitcher for a little extra lime flavor and added garnish when serving.
What I love most about this recipe is that it’s pretty versatile! Once you have your pitcher of jalapeño limeade made, you can go to town on customizing it to your liking. If you don’t prefer vodka, I think lime rum would be equally delicious. If you want to make it super citrus-infused, you could add some fresh lemon or orange juice. The sugared rim is completely optional, but adds an element of sweetness to this tropical cocktail that is just so fun!
Whether you plan to serve these up for your next party, or just want a pitcher of the good stuff on hand for impromptu happy hours after work, this Jalapeño Limeade Cocktail recipe does not disappoint! We hope you enjoy this recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Kait from CommuniKait, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Cocktails section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Message intended for our readers 21+ only. Please drink responsibly!