With 20 minutes, 6 ingredients, and one pot to wash, you’ll be in creamy pasta paradise with this delightful One-Pot Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese recipe.
With so many delicious gluten-free pasta varieties on the market these days, it’s a relief to be able to enjoy delicious pasta dishes even when facing a gluten intolerance or sensitivity. From brown rice pasta to lentil pasta to quinoa pasta, there are lots of options for every preference.
One-Pot Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese Recipe
For creamy pasta dishes like this One-Pot Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese, brown rice pasta is my pick, since it has a neutral flavor and similar texture to regular semolina pasta.
Gluten-free noodles? Check. What’s left? A gluten-free sauce!
Many traditional mac and cheese recipes call for a roux to thicken the sauce, which is a mixture made by whisking together butter and flour over low heat. For this gluten-free mac and cheese, let’s skip the roux all together. Instead, we’ll make a creamy sauce with just shredded cheese, milk, cream cheese, and spices. The cream cheese is the secret ingredient for making the smooth and creamy sauce.
The beauty is, it’s all made in just one pot for easy cleanup.
- 8 oz brown rice pasta (small shapes)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup milk, plus additional to thin sauce if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice pasta just short of al dente, a minute or two short of package directions, being careful not to overcook it.
- Return pasta to pot and add cheddar cheese, cream cheese, milk, pepper, and salt. Stir over medium-low heat until cheeses melt, adding another splash of milk if sauce is too thick. Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: Add a splash of milk to leftovers when reheating. Freshly grated cheese tastes best in mac and cheese, but pre-shredded also works in a pinch.
We hope you love this One-Pot Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Live from Healthy Liv, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delicious recipe, be sure to visit our Gluten-Free Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!