Paleo Turkey Taco Lettuce Leaf Rollups
Who doesn’t love tacos? Paleo Turkey Taco Lettuce Leaf Rollups are one of our favorite meals to prepare because these are so good for us! The wonderful thing about swapping out your beef for turkey is the high amount of protein you get with this meal. Virtually fat-free and super low calories, the filling for these wraps only hold 1 gram of fat per 33 grams of white turkey meat, plus 6 grams of protein. This recipe is light and the perfect meal when you are trying to go low carb.
This recipe is gluten free and perfect if you are on the Paleo diet. Ditch the traditional taco shells for iceberg lettuce and your meal just got even healthier. Iceberg lettuce is crisp with just the right amount of bite for your Paleo Turkey Taco recipe.
- 2 lbs 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (use as many or as few leaves as you'd like)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup water
- 4 oz can tomato paste
- Brown ground turkey until just about done.
- Add the water, tomato paste, and seasonings.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut head of lettuce in half and peel off leaves for shells.
- Place a small amount of meat mixture in the center of each leaf.
- Rollup and serve with salsa or your favorite taco toppings.
This Paleo dish is light but fulfilling. If you love this recipe idea, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. And for daily recipe updates, like us on Facebook, follow along on Twitter, and join us on Pinterest. Enjoy!