Peppermint Rice Krispies® Treats are so quick and easy, and perfect for the holiday season. You can make them ahead of time to bring along with you for your next pot luck!
Peppermint Rice Krispies® Treats Recipe
Everyone loves Rice Krispies® Treats so why not dress them up for the season for your next holiday gathering and make these simple Peppermint Rice Krispies® Treats.
Sometimes I like to make a fancy dessert, but the truth is one of my husband’s favorite desserts is Rice Krispies® treats. I’ve actually made them and put them in a heart-shaped pan for Valentine’s Day. That may sound lame to a lot of people, but it means a lot to him.
I was thinking that I’d never made a holiday treat for Christmas and I needed to fix that this year. It didn’t take me long to come up with an idea for this one and even less time to put it together. The rich and creamy deep red and white topping make this deceptively easy treat a show stopper.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies® Cereal
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup prepared white frosting
- 1 7-oz container of marshmallow creme
- Red food color (I use Americolor Soft Gel Paste Food Color "Super Red")
- Black food color (Super Black)
- Spray a 9x13 dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and miniature marshmallows together in 1 minute intervals until just melted. Pour in Rice Krispies® and stir together until combined. Press into the prepared 9x13 dish.
- Heat the marshmallow cream for 30 seconds in the microwave. Spoon dollops of the marshmallow cream over the Rice Krispies®.
- Add red food coloring to the frosting. A very small touch of black will deepen the red and lessen the amount of red you need. Spoon dollops of frosting around dollops of marshmallow. Run a butter knife through the dollops to create swirl patterns.
- Store covered at room temperature.
Home Chef Tip: This recipe can be made in advance and stored covered at room temperature.
I’m thinking these Peppermint Rice Krispies® Treats may even work for Valentine’s day, heart-shaped of course!
If you’re looking for other easy dessert recipes to bring to your next holiday gathering, you might want to try my easy and delicious Toffee Bar Brownies and No-Bake Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Squares.
We hope you love this recipe for Peppermint Rice Krispies® Treats from SoFabFood Contributor, Julie from Hostess at Heart, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!