Think you might need to start adding more eggs into your diet? You’re right! Eggs are a super source of inexpensive, high-quality protein, and they have zero carbs and no added sugar.
5 Reasons to Start Adding More Eggs into Your Diet!
Eggs are an amazingly healthy addition to so many dishes. You should really consider adding more eggs into your diet, and here are five reasons why!
- Protein – Eggs have 6 grams of high-quality protein. When you start your day off with a quality protein, it helps sustain mental and physical energy throughout the day. Eggs contain all of the essential amino acids in the right ratios, so our bodies are well equipped to make full use of the protein in them.
- Promote Brain Health – Eggs promote brain health with Choline which promotes normal cell activity, liver function, and transportation of nutrients throughout the body.
- Promote Weight Loss – Eating a high-protein breakfast will increase muscle mass, lower blood pressure, and optimize bone health. You will feel nice and satisfied until lunch time.
- Phospholipids are a type of fat important for building cell membranes. A typical egg contains around 1.3 grams of phospholipids which are also good for cardiovascular health. Phospholipids also help with metabolic health, memory, and cognitive function.
- Vitamins – Each egg yolk contains a multitude of vitamins: B6, folate, B-12, A, D, E, and K. Of those, vitamins A, D, E, and K are found only in egg yolks and not in egg whites.
We hope you find this information about the benefits of adding more eggs into your diet useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit our Food and Fitness section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!