Benefits of Ginger Honey Switchel and recipe you need to learn about today. Experience the many amazing health benefits of drinking this incredibly nutritious drink. You truly will feel more energized as you stay hydrated throughout the day!
The Ginger Honey Switchel, also known as Haymaker’s Punch, is growing in popularity because of its many health benefits. This particular drink is made with apple cider vinegar, warming ginger, fresh lime juice, and maple syrup for a dash of sweetness. This drink was originally created to help refresh farmers while working in the fields all day. It was given to hydrate those who had been working the hay in the heat of the summer.
Fermented foods offer a huge amount of benefits, that is why this should become your new go-to drink. There are many variations to this drink, explore all the possibilities. In this recipe, we are using the following healthy ingredients.
Benefits of Ginger Honey Switchel Ingredients
- Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid which has been shown to lower blood pressure up to six percent. Apple Cider Vinegar helps normalize the blood and aids in digestion. Drink two tablespoons of vinegar each day.
- Ginger is a powerful detox ingredient that helps kick start your metabolism. Ginger can improve digestion by increasing the pH of the stomach and stimulating the digestive enzymes.
- Limes – The citric acid in a lime is an excellent fat burner. A glass of lime water with the juice of one lime has only 11 calories. Drink this instead of high-calorie fruit juice drinks. You will see results.
- Maple Syrup affects blood sugar levels far less than cane sugar and includes trace antioxidants and minerals that regular sugar lacks. This is a natural sweetener that you need to include in your diet.
Home Chef Tip: You can also use raw, organic honey in place of Maple Syrup. You can also use lemon juice instead of lime juice.
- 2 tablespoons raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and finely minced
- 4 cups of water
- ½ of a fresh lime
- Mix all ingredients and place in a large mason jar.
- Leave overnight to ferment and enjoy the next day!
An electrolyte drink that is naturally fermented and is quite refreshing! If you enjoy something more bubbly, use half the water and add sparkling water when you make your drink.
We hope you enjoy this information about the Benefits of Ginger Honey Switchel and we hope you love this refreshing and hydrating drink. To find more healthy food tips to help you on your quest for a happier, healthier you, visit our Foods with Healthy Benefits section. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and join our Google+ Community to find healthy recipes from our community members. And for even more healthy inspiration, visit us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.