A mouthwatering and surprisingly simple dessert, this Rustic Dairy-Free Peach Blueberry Tart capitalizes on the deliciously-fresh, farmers market fruit!
Biting into a fresh peach and feeling the juice drip down your chin, or tasting the sweetness of a blueberry as you pick them in the sunshine, there is nothing quite like fresh, summertime fruits and berries. Here in Michigan, we are fully engulfed in fruit and berry season and I completely love it.
A week or two ago, my husband and I took our two young kids out to a blueberry patch for some old-fashioned blueberry picking. We may have left with as much in our bellies as in our pails, but it was a wonderful time and we love creating memories like this together.
Rustic Dairy-Free Peach Blueberry Tart Recipe
Of course, once you have your delicious fruit and berries back at your house, you need to make something completely mouthwatering! Enter this delicious Rustic Dairy-Free Peach Blueberry Tart recipe. This simple, summer dessert allows the blueberries and peaches to take center stage and just shine!
This tart is so easy to make and is perfect for a summer evening dessert, but hey, I won’t judge you if you want to eat it for breakfast. There is fruit in it after all! The “rustic” nature of this fruit dessert means you don’t need to fuss about getting your crust perfectly rolled out; the imperfection is part of the charm!
The peach and blueberries work perfectly together to create a deliciously sweet flavor that isn’t overwhelming. Pair that with a flaky crust and it’s heaven! I also love the gorgeous way the peach and blueberry colors contrast each other; it’s just so pretty to look at!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon shortening
- 4-5 Tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 cups sliced, fresh peaches
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix flour and salt together in medium bowl. Use pastry blender to cut shortening into flour mixture until it resembles small crumbs. Add water 1 tablespoon at at time, mixing well until all the flour is moistened and leaves sides of the bowl. Shape into round ball. Flatten into disc. Using rolling pin, shape into a 13-inch rough circle on an floured surface. (You may need additional flour to help with sticking.) Carefully transfer onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Combine peaches, blueberries, and lemon juice in medium bowl. Mix flour, sugar, and cinnamon together, then add to fruit mixture stirring until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Place peach and blueberry filling in the center of the pie crust, spreading to within 3 inches of the edge. Fold up the edges of the pastry over the fruit (it’s okay if it isn’t perfect!) making pleats as needed to make the edges meet. Sprinkle with a touch of sugar. Bake 30-35 minutes until crust is light and golden. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving (to help the pie filling set up well).
Home Chef Tip: Although fresh fruit is best, you can prepare the filling with frozen fruit; just make sure the fruit is thawed completely and the excess juice is drained off well.
Whether you pop out to a local u-pick farm, farmers market, or your neighborhood grocery store, I hope you get some fresh produce and make this amazing Rustic Dairy-Free Peach and Blueberry Tart soon. You won’t regret it!
We hope you love this Rustic Dairy-Free Peach Blueberry Tart recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Kate from Kate Moving Forward, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and visit us on Pinterest because we have a lot of fantastic dessert recipes there too. Enjoy!