This Slow Cooker Mustard Chicken with Potatoes will definitely have you doing a happy dance! With a few simple ingredients, you can turn chicken thighs into a flavorful dinner. Honey, mustard, and garlic just go so well together.
Hey SoFabFood readers! I’m Megan – lover of all things fall (chai, pumpkin, my birthday!), girl with a lot of food intolerances, and the blogger behind A Dash of Megnut, a food blog that focuses on gluten-free and other allergy-friendly recipes. Today I’m so happy to share with you one of my favorite slow cooker recipes for fall, Slow Cooker Mustard Chicken with Potatoes!
Slow Cooker Mustard Chicken with Potatoes Recipe
When it comes to fall-time dinners, I want something warm and hearty that doesn’t take a whole lot of prep work because I’m always on the go! Therefore, it should be no surprise that slow cooker recipes are my saving grace. I can pop everything in the slow cooker in the morning and come back to a tasty and fragrant meal after work. Seriously, first step onto my floor in my apartment building and all I can smell are the delicious aromas coming from my slow cooker. Often, I forget it’s coming from my apartment and get jealous of whoever is having something amazing for dinner and then I realize, “Oh wait! That’s me!”, and do my little happy dance.
This slow cooker mustard chicken with potatoes will definitely have you doing your little happy dance, too! With a few simple ingredients, you can turn chicken thighs into a flavorful dinner. Honey, mustard, and garlic just go so well together so it’s no surprise they work here, too. I think honey, mustard, and garlic might be the perfect trifecta, in fact. You can’t have a hearty meal without potatoes and veggies! This slow cooker recipe has become a staple in my household and I bet it will become one in yours, too!
- 8 large chick thighs (I like bone-in but I take the skin off)
- 1/2 cup ground mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, honey, salt, pepper, garlic, and oil and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Add the baby potatoes and carrots to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place chicken thighs on top of the potatoes. Spoon mustard sauce over the chicken thighs, covering each one. Sprinkle with some fresh thyme.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken is cooked through and tender. With 30 minutes remaining in the cook time, add the green beans and spoon some of the mustard sauce from the bottom of the pot over the beans so they aren't dry. Serve when beans are tender.
Home Chef Tip: Chicken thighs add a lot more flavor than chicken breasts to this recipe and they always come out super moist and juicy! They also tend to be much cheaper at the grocery store which is a win-win!